Make a Difference with Every Student, Every Day!
- discuss issues that could interfere with learning
- help students toward future goals
- help create a positive environment for everyone
2017-2018 Counselor Assignments
FTMS West has two school counselors that are available to students for academic, social, and emotional needs.
Miss Anna Sutter (left) and Mrs. Maggie Power (right)
Mrs. Maggie Power
Director of Guidance
7th Grade and 8th Grade (last name A-L)
Miss Anna Sutter
6th Grade and 8th grade (last name M-Z)
Mrs. Chaunteia Marshall – Registrar
School Counselors are confidential listeners who can do the following:
- Supporting students in developing an educational plan for success.
- Assisting students to become invested in their school success by showing them how school performance relates to career opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with students, parents, and teachers to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement.
- High Ability Test Coordination
- Developing Section 504 Alternative Learning Plans
- Career Inventories
- Guest Speakers
- Drive of Your Life
- Help develop positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers, and community.
- Develop skills for problem solving.
- Peer Conflict Resolution
- Working with students to understand and appreciate their unique qualities and to grow personally and socially.
- Individual School Based Counseling.
- Small Group Counseling.