Make a Difference with Every Student, Every Day!
- discuss issues that could interfere with learning
- help students toward future goals
- help create a positive environment for everyone
2017-2018 Counselor Assignments
Mrs. Kyle McClarnon
6th Grade Counselor
7th Grade Counselor Last Name A-M
Mrs. Sarah Ready
7th Grade Last Name N-Z
8th Grade Counselor
Mrs. Kathryn Meredith
School Counselors are confidential listeners who can do the following:
- Supporting students in developing an educational plan for success.
- Assisting students to become invested in their school success by showing them how school performance relates to career opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with students, parents, and teachers to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement.
- High Ability Test Coordination
- Developing Section 504 Alternative Learning Plans
- Career Inventories
- Guest Speakers
- Drive of Your Life
- Help develop positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers, and community.
- Develop skills for problem solving.
- Peer Conflict Resolution
- Working with students to understand and appreciate their unique qualities and to grow personally and socially.
- Individual School Based Counseling.
- Small Group Counseling.