Spring 2016 ISTEP +
Dear Parent or Guardian
Your student’s Spring 2016 ISTEP+ results are now available for you to review through the ISTEP+ Parent Portal. Through the Parent Portal, you will be able to view preliminary results, including your student’s current score and performance level (Pass+, Pass, or Did Not Pass) and written responses to ISTEP+ Part 1 questions for each subject area of your student’s test. After reviewing this information, you may also request that your student’s response to one or more questions from ISTEP+ Part 1 be rescored.
The ISTEP+ Parent Portal can be accessed through August 12, 2016 at https://results.pearsonaccessnext.com/ using a standard web browser.
Please note the following:
- Claim Codes* are case sensitive. Enter the characters exactly as they are shown.
- *See Important Note below regarding your child’s Claim Code.
- Detailed instructions for using the ISTEP+ Parent Portal will be available on the login page.
- If the performance level for a test is shown as Undetermined, your student’s Part 1 and/or Part 2 test for that subject area may have been incomplete, not taken, missing, or not matched due to an incorrect name, date of birth, or Student Testing Number (STN). In this case, written responses may or may not be available to view.
- Images taken from braille, large print, or loose-leaf computer-generated documents may show responses to multiple questions. In these cases, only the parts related to each question were used in scoring.
- Copies of Part 1 questions, scoring rubrics, and sample student papers will be available beginning June 30 on the IDOE web site at: www.doe.in.gov/assessment/istep-grades-3-8. Please review these materials carefully before deciding whether you want to request a rescore for any question.
If a score is shown as Undetermined (UND) and you have reason to believe your student did complete both parts of his or her test, or you have questions about the responses shown for your student, please contact us. Inquiries from schools will be given priority, so we will contact the IDOE and Pearson on your behalf to obtain a response that we can share with you directly.
You may access your child’s CLAIM CODE through Infinite Campus. Each child’s code is specific to him/her. If you have more than one child who took the Spring 2016 ISTEP+, each child will have a different code.