INSTRUCTIONS FOR VOLUNTEER BACKGROUND CHECKS
The following volunteers will need a criminal history check:
1. Any person who will be working with students for extended periods of time – either consecutive hours or on a regular schedule.
2. Any person who will be in a position to supervise students – this includes but not limited to field trips (at all levels, including band and choir trips) or taking a group of students out of a classroom for remediation work.
3. Any person who will be alone with a student.
*NOTE: VOLUNTEER BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE NO LONGER FREE OF CHARGE. THE FEE IS APPROXIMATELY $16.00 PER VOLUNTEER. If you wish to proceed, please follow the instructions and click on link below.
- Please select VOLUNTEER for *Please select a Position
- Make sure your name is spelled correctly
- Please complete the entire form, all fields with *are required
- Please select the school or schools for which you request to volunteer
- Select I Agree and then Submit
All schools have access to the volunteer data base and can verify a clear background check. If there is an issue with the background check that will affect the ability to volunteer, that volunteer will be notified. This comprehensive background check will be active for two years. You will receive an email notification once the background check is clear. You will also be notified when it is about to expire.