Parents and Guardians:
Kindergarten registration begins April 12 and runs through the 14th! This year we are moving to online registration. Registration is for boys and girls who are residents of Franklin Township and will be five years old by August 1, 2017.
- Step One: Enroll online (links will be posted April 12, 2017)
- Step Two: Provide proof of residency, immunizations, and birth certificate in person at our central office during one of the times below:
- Wednesday April 12: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Thursday April 13: 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Friday April 14: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Step Three: Complete the screener at your elementary school (time scheduled during the registration process)
Required Documents for Verification
Only a parent or legal guardian may register a student. Proof of guardianship must be provided through legal documentation in addition to the following:
- Your child’s original birth certificate
The State of Indiana requires that a child be 5 years old on or before August 1, 2017.
- A copy of your child’s immunization record
Students who are 5 years old by August 1st are expected to have a completed shot record at the time of enrollment. Pending doctor’s appointments for immunizations will not be acceptable. In addition to other required immunizations, The State of Indiana requires: 2 Doses of Hepatitis A for all Kindergarten students.
- Proof of Residency
Examples: Current utility or cable bill (within 30 days) with resident’s name and address and current lease agreement or mortgage paperwork with parent or guardians in formation on it.
- Parents who enroll online will be given the option to select the time for the screening assessment that is most convenient during STEP 1, online enrollment.
- The purpose of the screening assessment is to determine his/her level of readiness for kindergarten.
- The screening assessment should take no more than 30 minutes.
- The screener assessment is completed at your home school according to your address.